For many of us baseball season is just about to begin, and that means travelling to tournaments either by car or plane. Fortunately, after much trial and error, I’ve figured out how to make the perfect carry-on luggage packing list for most travels.
- Water Bottle with a built in filter – water is one of my absolute most needed items when traveling.
3. Clothes- a wrap/scarf, one outfit (I could wear if my checked bag was lost, extra pair of shoes and my sunglasses. Ever since the airlines lost my husbands luggage for several days on our trip to the Bahamas, always pack one outfit I can wear.
4. Beauty essentials- I keep my makeup, lip balm, eye drops, and non-scented lotion, vitamins/supplements (including any prescribed meds/devices) prescription glasses, in a see through pencil case. Makes it easy to find exactly what you are looking for.
- Chargers & Headphones! Hate having no headphones OR having a dead phone. I keep my electronics safe and organized in a Grid It. Don’t forget converter if traveling outside of the US.
7. Reading materials – magazines, books, kindle, iPad, whatever it is you like. Sometimes I also bring a small journal with me if it’s a trip I want to write/sketch on. Keep in mind if you have a tablet or iPad all of these items can be downloaded.
8. Electronics – Cell phone (all of my music is downloaded on phone), iPad (I’ve slowly phased out all my magazine subscriptions and now I download digital copies on my iPad), laptop (I only pack the laptop if I’m planning on working while out of town).
Security (especially international) will usually require the removal of shoes. For ease and expediency wear slip-ons , flip-flops or shoes that are very easy to get in and out of. Make certain to have socks (recommend footies) otherwise you’ll be standing barefoot on the airport floor.
The airplane is usually very cold during the flight. Instead of packing a blanket and having to worry about carrying yet another item I suggest a wrap which you can use as your blanket on the flight and also during your trip on those cooler nights.
Follow carry-on rules according to your airline. Be really careful about the weight.
Watch the restrictions on the size of bottle liquids and other items you are allowed to carry on board.